Recycled 1800s Ephemera 1oz
One ounce total of 1800s paper textures for carding into art batts or paper making. I shredded damaged books I found in old barns in rural New England. Some of these papers are over 200 years old!
Directions for making mixed media art batts:
- Card a batt on your drum carder and remove from carder.
- Unroll batt and lay flat on a clean surface.
- Spray top side of batt lightly with batt adhesive.
- Sprinkle mixed media onto batt. Use as much or little as you prefer. Based on my aesthetic preferences, 1 oz will embellish 3-6 batts.
- Wait for adhesive to dry (about 45 seconds).
- Fold batt in half lengthwise to encapsulate the mixed media within the fiber, and corespin or coreless corespun to enclose the media within the fiber.
- Collect mixed media that falls out when spinning and reattach to yarn by spraying yarn with adhesive and sprinkling mixed media onto sprayed areas.
- Ply with thread to soft set, if desired.
- Do not soak.
Mixed media yarns are intended to be used for non-wearables.