Lavender buds, Hibiscus petals, Calendula petals, and 1800s Ephemera 1oz
One ounce total of lavender buds, calendula petals, hibiscus petals, and 1800s paper textures for carding into art batts or paper making. The paper comes from damaged books I found in old barns in rural New England. Some of these papers are over 200 years old!
Directions for making mixed media art batts:
- Card a batt on your drum carder and remove from carder.
- Unroll batt and lay flat on a clean surface.
- Spray top side of batt lightly with batt adhesive.
- Sprinkle mixed media onto batt. Use as much or little as you prefer. Based on my aesthetic preferences, 1 oz will embellish 3-6 batts.
- Wait for adhesive to dry (about 45 seconds).
- Fold batt in half lengthwise to encapsulate the mixed media within the fiber, and corespin or coreless corespun to enclose the media within the fiber.
- Collect mixed media that falls out when spinning and reattach to yarn by spraying yarn with adhesive and sprinkling mixed media onto sprayed areas.
- Ply with thread to soft set, if desired.
- Do not soak.
Mixed media yarns are intended to be used for non-wearables.