G07 3.8 oz Signature Textured Wool Roving
The original hand crafted textured braid. Each braid is one of a kind and cannot be repeated.
This collection is a celebration of natural wool color and texture. The balance of color in these braids is light and airy, flattering to wear with any skin tone, and neutral to coordinate into any decor style.
Each braid is made from 3 strands:
- locally grown heritage wool locks and fleece that I selected for exquisite color and texture and gently washed by hand. (In a few braids the locks/fleece is dyed, but in most cases it is left natural.)
- rare churro sliver roving (sliver is a thinner version of roving. It is a perfect prep for beginners and expert spinners alike.)
- dyed wool (domestic or churro). I used my signature watercolor dyeing method and colorfast locally sourced dyes.
Navajo Churro is one of the breeds of rare wools on the Livestock Conservancy list and the Shave em to Save em program. This churro is grown and processed in the USA. Churro is a heritage breed of sheep with genetics that can be traced back thousands of years. Approx. 25% is 23 micron and finer and 25% is 35 micron and coarser and the rest is somewhere in between. This range creates a flaxen effect where the wool looks like it's been blended with flax. It's gorgeous, primitive, sturdy, and delightful to work with.
- spinning into traditional yarn
- spinning into art yarn
- carding into art batts for a blended yarn
- weaving (especially tapestry!)
- felting and fiber art
- hoarding in your studio