Confetti Mixed Media 1oz
One ounce total of confetti ribbons, paper crinkles, and confetti bits for carding into art batts or paper making.
Directions for making mixed media art batts:
- Card a batt on your drum carder and remove from carder.
- Unroll batt and lay flat on a clean surface.
- Spray top side of batt lightly with batt adhesive.
- Sprinkle mixed media onto batt. Use as much or little as you prefer. Based on my aesthetic preferences, 1 oz will embellish 3-6 batts.
- Wait for adhesive to dry (about 45 seconds).
- Fold batt in half lengthwise to encapsulate the mixed media within the fiber, and corespin or coreless corespun to enclose the media within the fiber.
- Collect mixed media that falls out when spinning and reattach to yarn by spraying yarn with adhesive and sprinkling mixed media onto sprayed areas.
- Ply with thread to soft set, if desired.
- Do not soak.
Mixed media yarns are intended to be used for non-wearables.