This is how all patterns should be written, in my most humble opinion...
- Knit a 7x7 square in garter stitch.
- Or stockinette if you want to.
- Any yarn. Any needles.
- Are you getting nervous? Okay fine. I cast on 25 stitches on size 7 needles with thick and thin chunky/worsted handspun yarn. Now don't be afraid to go 6.5 x 6.5 if you have smaller hands. Or 8x8 if you have larger hands.
- Breathe. Let it go.
- * Knit a square.
- Sew up the seam.
- Leave a hole in the seam for the thumb to poke thru.
- Repeat from * to complete 2nd mitt.
Voila. Fingerless mitts. Also known as "texting mittens". No k2togppkssokfwip drama. Just a square, folded in half, sewn, and BAM. Your fingers look fabulous and cozy in about an hour.